The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Monday, August 08, 2005

Do I hate waiting tables???

Well this will be the hopefully infamous first post.
Do I hate waiting tables??
Yes and No. It is truly a love/hate thing with me now.
It was a job of last resort when I started.
Right out of college (which I did not finish btw) it was the only thing I knew how to do that I
could make a decent living on.
There are legions of kids out there right now just like me.
Others are in school, have the mythical "real job" that pays less than their part time waiting gig. We have single mothers, thiefs, seminary students, drug addicts, alchoholics, lifers, part timers, and dreamers.
Some of us will screw with you and scam you, some of you will do that to us.
We are the employees of the Service Industry.
So did I answer my headlining question?? Maybe later on both you and I can make that judgement!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet you're sorry you opened up this box, eh, Waiter?

 
At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check the song Waiting Tables on the album Language by Lorraine Feather,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home