The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Como Se Llama?

Well our fearless leader the GM, who inexplicably still has a job, really out shined his past performance this week.

Apparently he can't be bothered to learn at least the first names of some of our Latino employees so he resorted to some middle-school trickery.

Remember that old game where the class bully would slap you on the back and leave a taped on sign that said "kick me" or some other lame sign?

Well GM decided that it would be cute to write out some stickers and walk around the kitchen slapping the Mexican cooks and dishwashers on the back with name tags so he wouldn't have to remember who Javier or Gerardo are.

Apparently he thinks the Latinos have the mindset of a small child and wounldn't notice his little gag.

Rest assured they did.

So did a few of us second, third and fourth generation Latinos.

There's been some talk of a lawsuit.

Its a shame he gets away with firing people at will that get on his bad side for criticizing his many flaws, yet the company won't can him for a blatant racist offense.

5 Comments:

At 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the television show The Restaurant there was a scene where Rocco had to go down and talk to the dishwashers, they were black-skinned immigrants from somewhere, because they were unhappy about something. It was painfully obvious that Rocco didn't even know there were dishwashers in the place.

 
At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the names? Stuff like Hamilton or Theodore?

 
At 1:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's people like him that make me glad we have name tags at our job (as low class as my restaurant is, we have to have them). My managers are still morons, except for 2 of them out of the 9. My GM at least tries to make things work there, for being a corporate drone he actually does know how to run a restaurant, just not correctly. One of my managers, who I worked for 11 years ago, gave me my first job serving, is now at my current job, and had to write me up last week for losing my temper. Straight up lied on it too.

Ah, corporate life.

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where I work, our chef gets pissed if the servers don't know the kitchen workers names. The kitchen learns theirs, so it should be vice versa.

 
At 1:14 AM , Blogger Finally Free said...

Insane Waiter, I found you through my girl Barmaid, and I have to say... LOVING the blog. White zinfandel and cheese sticks?! I literally spit out my wine over that one tonight!

And the Latino coworkers? Have seen too many GMs mistreating these guys who are our backbones. What an unutterable display of ignorance.

Keep up the good work on the blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home