I've Been Tagged!
Ok, I normally don’t do blogger things like memes or tags or anything but I was tagged by Strip Club Server and she’s a sexy beast so I better comply, beside, I really don’t talk too much about my real life outside the restaurant so here we go!
5 things about me that you don’t know.
1. You know I’m a wine snob, damn White Zin drinkers! Well I also am a beer snob. I actually don’t look down on customers, friends, et al, that order domestics. Except maybe the “Boooosh Light” and “Keeeeeeers” . So when I go out I pretty much drink good stuff like Czechovar, Spaten and any type of IPA that I can find, pretty much stuff that will put hair on your chest, and evidently your back as well. Plus I’m a big fan of Brew Pubs, if you’re from the central Iowa scene you’ve probably seen me bellied up at Court Ave or hanging out at the “Coon”. And although I may be a beer snob, really there is nothing like an ice cold PBR on a hot summer day.
2. I am absolutely terrified of public speaking. Which is very strange considering that I get up in front of strangers everyday and speak for a living. Not only that but I usually go on a lengthy and detailed spiel about any features and such. I’m finally taking a speech class and I’m pretty sure I’m going to wind up having an anxiety attack in front of everyone. This all stems from a business law class I took and halfway through a presentation I froze and forgot everything I was talking about. I stumbled through the rest and decided law isn’t the right career for me. Evidently selling a twenty top on the virtues of Ruffino Gold label is ok though.
3. In high school I once had my paintball gun confiscated from me by the police for shelling our arch-rival’s school busses with them. As well we did all kinds of fun stuff to incoming freshmen such as chase them around with paddles (I know, we stole that one) shooting them with paintballs and spraying them with super soakers filled with Kool-Aid, nice sticky mess. Pretty much a bunch of hick style fun straight out of Dazed and Confused. By the way my Mom knows nothing of these events, but she will now I suppose!
4. I’m a huge movie buff, have about 300 DVD’s and a Netflix subscription. Going to see Apocalyto tomorrow, and really I don’t think this one will be anti-semetic. Top movies in my list are The Big Lebowski, All Quiet on the Western Front, Caddyshack and Goodfellas. As well I’m starting to collect television series such as my personal favorite Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Sopranos, of course, next up Buffy!
5. I absolutely love history. I take every course I can take, though unrelated to my major, and probably should teach it. Unfortunately I probably make more as a server and I really don’t have the patience to try to get through to a bunch of kids that probably don’t care and are more concerned about degrading a kid that want to learn or purging their lunch before they gain a calorie. That being said for some reason I find the decline of civilizations interesting, there’s something about being at the end of something that is kind of special, if a bit sad. I always find it interesting that the Aztecs foretold the end of the world, and it pretty much came true on the year that they predicted,, So I read about the fall of Rome, destruction of Nazi Germany, the fall of Alexander’s Empire, pretty much the end of decadent societies. It can be noted that there are many parallels to our own, I could list some, but that would be a bit preachy and a downer.
Well there you go, a few absolutely random things about me. If you want to know more, field a question! I might answer it. I’m not really going to tag any bloggers, especially since pretty much all of my little circle has already been tagged by others! Catch you next time everyone