The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Monday, October 16, 2006

Wide Lawns, Narrow Minds...

First I'd like to say that I find the blog that is named in my title to be hysterically true and a great read.

I swear about a third of my "guests" are these type of self entitled assholes.

However her last post struck me hard and here's the link...

http://widelawns.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-owed-my-cousin-formerly-known-as.html

Well having heard about this type of horrid behavior by restaurant owners is shocking, but it has much truth to it.

There are several restaurant and bar owners in my very town that are reputed to act this way, and yet people love them and name drop them and believe they are doing a service by having such a great place.

But then there's what the staff hear and see.

The philandering, the thefts, the lying, abuse, drunkedness and drug using.

I won't name names with this litigious society that we have but lets just say many of these "respected" chefs and owners are the scum of the Earth, yet loved because that can throw together a decent plate of food.

Anyways enjoy her posts and check out "Wide Lawns, Narrow Minds"

6 Comments:

At 3:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read her blog before yours this evening and while I haven't personally witnessed any behavior this bad from a manager or an owner of The Restaurant, I can totally believe that it happens.

I will say that one of my favorite parts is when she asked the waiter about all the ridiculous 'special request' charges on her bill and the waiter just replied with the truth; that the owner was an arrogant piece of shit. It's not the waiter's idea to add all those charges to the bill, it's what they've been told to do. So nice of the Wide Lawn lady to recognize that.

 
At 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I love your blog. Thanks for the Wide Lawns Narrow Minds link.

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Ranter said...

Ha! Hilarious story! Hope you're still getting some interesting/nice customers!

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Wide Lawns said...

Wow thanks!! This has made my day! I read you all the time Insane Waiter. I am so flattered. Now what can I do to get a permanent link over on the sidebar? Can I slip you a hundred when no one's looking, like the rich jerks do in restaurants to get a good table? Or maybe I should throw a fit and say "Don't you know who I am??!!"

 
At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the post. I hope things are going well for Annie. I think that it was very nice of you to take your cousin to a place that you really didn't want to go to because you promised. Bravo!

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Green said...

I've been reading Wide Lawns for several months now - great read. I was really grossed out by the manager at the restaurant in her post too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home