The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Shorts

Overheard at work my last week.

Two of their new waitresses bantering.

And I quote...

"So like yeah, I came back from London this summer and like needed a waitress job." Said Girl #1.

"Really? London, France? How was it?" Exclaimed Girl #2

At that point everyone started cracking up.

"Did anyone over there know English? How did you talk to people?" Girl #2 added.

The next day I was in the private room and one of the girls starts freaking out...

"Shriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiek! OH MY GOD A MOUSE!"

My response: "Hey, at least it wasn't a rat"

Her eyes widened ever further, if that was possible.

"Yeah they get as big as cats around here." I added.

I thought she was going to pass out.

7 Comments:

At 4:05 AM , Blogger Ranter said...

Gotta love the ingenuity of some waitresses. How old are they?! And how did they manage to get hired at such a high class establishment like yours seems to be?

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Ceetar said...

London, France is nothing compared to Paris, England!

I think you can see the Lourve from Big Ben.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Ray said...

To quote Judge Smails (from Caddyshack), "The world needs ditch diggers too."

I think you know of 2 applicants for the job!

Classic!

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is a first rate establishment you've gotten yourself into.

 
At 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

out of all the blogs on the whole server "ness" yours is my favorite. good luck at your new establishment and please, please, make the new girls at your old place do something as mundane as they are... Emptying out the hot water from the dispenser attached to the coffee maker perhaps? i'm sure they'll stand there for an hour or so... :)

 
At 3:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they were hot model types hired to make the restaurant look good.

Is this habit spreading?

 
At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your "I quit!" over at bitter, sorry it didn't work out for you here. It really seemed like it would be a great place.
Wishing the best to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home