The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Friday, May 19, 2006

Vacation

So I will be on vacation through next Thursday so I'm afraid I won't update until then.

Check out the archives and links if you so desire.

Here's a parting shot for you.

As one of my "benefits" I do get paid vacation.

Even though I average 20+ per hour claimed tips and salary guess what my vacation pay is...

$5.15 for forty hours.

After taxes that's $165.00

That's what I made on Tuesday night's shift, one shift out of eight that I work

I guess that's what I get for choosing to work the type of job as what a commenter stated in a post, "That's the problem when you work a no skills job and can be easily replaced by the retard bagger from the supermarket and your employer has no regard for his employees or the law."

Now nothing is illegal about them paying me the federal minimum way, but I sure think it doesn't show regard for their employees who obviously make more and pay taxes on more.

But that's part of this system, the owner pays as little as possible and lets the customer voluntarily pay our wages.

I'm writing a letter to the office asking for vacation pay that averages out our claimed tips with our $3.09/hour pay, should be around 18/20 per hour.

Will never happen though.

Well when I'm off fishing with a Grainbelt Premium in my hand I'll pretend that I'll have an $800.00 vacation check waiting for me when I get back.

8 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you get a paid vacation. I take time off, I get nada. You think your boss is cheep, come work at my resturant.

 
At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, when I used to wait tables, we got our $2.38/hour plus they averaged out our previous 6 weeks' tips and that is what we were paid. You're getting ripped off :P

 
At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nephew Dude:

So, given your experiences waiting tables, "what do think you'd like to be when you grow up"?

Love, and Curiously yours,

Uncle R.

 
At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got good taste in beer!
grain beltm think i will have one right now.

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Scott said...

I have to agree -- at least they pay you vacation. You know the saying, something is better than nothing.

Don't get me wrong -- I agree it would be nice for you to get real vacation pay. But at least you get more than $0.

 
At 12:58 AM , Blogger Lobster Boy said...

Perhaps the only thing Lobster has better than you is our "paid" vacation. On our anniversary of employment each year (actually it's a week or two later) they give you your vacation paycheck. It's based off of your claimed tips and hourly wages of the past year, so for some people it's a nice chunk of change. After 5 years you get 3 weeks of pay, which can be a real nice kicker. Anybody who has been with RL for very long and is approaching their hire date will wait to quit just to get that check. If you quit a day early (or get fired) no money for you (even though you earned it).

Lobster Boy

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, you get paid vaction. Something a LOT of servers don't get. quitchyabitchn

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, you get paid vaction. Something a LOT of servers don't get. quitchyabitchn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home