The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

IFH Mondays



I think this adequately explains how I feel if I'm asked to sing or asked if I "do anything" for birthdays.

I never figured out why we pay for a person's dessert, after all isn't that what the friend or family member pays for? Its not like anyone ever pays for their birthday dinner, we're giving their friend a free dessert in effect, not the birthday boy.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i work in a place near 2 parts of town that are predominately black and we have live music nightly mostly flavors of jazz

SO

its not unheard of for my entire section to be literally all black
and certain sections all black large parties

I have NEVER seen so many store bought B Day cakes brought in our place. In a month or less I deal with more store cakes than any other job I have had dealt with in a year


and we dont charge a plateage fee so I have to scrounge up a set of plates (we use our bread plate which are always in short supply in the dinner rush), a knife to cut it with, and a fork for all

and since there is no charge for this I get NADA for this extra hassle plus it ad 30-60 min to the tables turn time

my idiot owner cant seem to fathom how much in lost sales he forgoes in dessert

 
At 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see the connection between being black and having birthday cake...am I missing something? White people eat cake as well no?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home