The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shit...Literally...

So I'm pulling out booth and running the hokey to pick up the leavings of a fine night.

I get to the last one, pull it out.

And there it is...

A Used Diaper.

The words cross my mind.

Then run over my lips.

Fuck You.

I've seen some crazy stuff, debased myself over my own dignity, lied through my teeth for a customer, bent over for idiot managers, delt with asshole cooks, hostesses, bartenders, owners, and fellow servers...

But never in my life have I felt like this.

I'm not here on this earth to pick up after your shit as well, that was beyond common sence, and decency.

Fuck You

You piece of trash...

8 Comments:

At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do get paid by the hour...so...earn it servant.

 
At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Servant? Without the service industry and manual laborers, the world would ultimately grind to a halt. People who look down on "servants" are nothing more than wealthy help themselves. The dirty diaper isn't the only shit around here.

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Madelyne said...

That is disgusting, wish you knewwho it was so you could shove the diaper up their car exhaust

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger First Year said...

Thats pretty nasty, I am sorry you had to clean that up :( When I was serving in a fine dining place some women changed her baby's diaper right in the table (their food was on the table too). It was Saturday night, and there were couples everywhere. As soon as the kid's diaper came off the stench filled the room. Everyone within a 3 table radius of the "Mombie" (a formally sane women turned into a child obssessed monster once baby is born) stopped eating and wanted to move.

I wish people had more class, and I wish the people who act as if they have so much class would use common sense to gauge the appropriateness of their behavior.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger The Server said...

I'm amazed at how this diaper thing is a regular occurrence. I actually wrote about it on my blog. (Post called 'The Teacher')

Anon1... you're the type of guy who would push his mother down the stairs. I hope you're happy in your ignorance. I hear it's bliss.

 
At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are so fucking stupid...I used to be like that...but not anymore. I feel sorry for all service industry people. We have to put up with so much bullshit. I just want to tell the nasty one's to eat my ass.

Also...I work in the Hotel Industry and ALWAYS PAY 20% gratuity. My friends and I went out for my going away party (in Chicago) and they were upset they had to wait over 1 hr and 20 minutes for their food. They weren't leaving anything. They made a mistake on dividing up there bill and accidently gave the guy $15 bucks for a $55 bill. I noticed it before he took it and didn't say a word. Don't judge all hotel employees...unlike you...we don't get tipped for service and make $9.50 an hour.

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Eric Heald-Webb said...

No server gets paid by the hour. Except, I think, in Washington State. They get min + tips. I personally make whatever people happen to tip. If they are having a bad day, or they just aren't understanding... well, I'm screwed.

And the diaper thing is beyond call for anyone with any class or self respect at all. That's just f'd up.

 
At 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for the baby having parents like that.
doreenT40 at bigredy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home