The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Friday, November 18, 2005

Eyes Wide Shut

Vacation is great.

I'm out with my girl's family at the lake house.

The sun is out and the only clouds in the sky seem to shimmer with a glint of silver as the brightness passes over.

Her parents are out and we hold each other close as the warm breeze flows through the open veranda door.

The linen drapes move like waves on the lake going with the wind.

All I feel is bliss.

I haven't felt like this since I can't remember.

She gets up and slides a blanket around her, heading towards the door.

She turns her head tossing her curls around her shoulder.

"Baby can I get you anything?"

"I'm ok honey, you coming back soon?" I say.

"I'll always come back."

The sun slides behind a cloud as another gust blows the curtains inward...

She comes back.

"See baby, I wasn't gone long was I?'

She slides back up to my side and wraps her arms back around me.

Suddenly I start to know where I am.

Who I am with.

Some one who was once special...

Now gone.

"Honey you wouldn't leave me would you?" I say with concern.

Her beautiful smile radiates.

There is something in her eyes.

Sorrow?

Sympathy?

The knowing look of a woman.

"You're my baby." She says as she caresses my cheek.

I smile back and pull her closer.

I know in my heart this is the last time I will feel her against me.

I think to myself she'll tell me that she can't see me anymore.

Just a few days before graduation she did.

For some reason she's here though.

The bliss returns as darkness falls over the lake.

But for one moment everything was perfect.

Love was there, if only for a fleeting minute.

The silver behind the clouds brightens one more time...

I wake up alone.

With peace.

7 Comments:

At 4:31 AM , Blogger lucy said...

That look?

Never ceases to hurt.

I really enjoyed this post.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger KFarmer said...

We all know that look and unanswered question dont we? Oh well, live for today and have no regrets. Good post.

 
At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.....yet so sad.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger k said...

Wow that was sad... but I remember that look very well

 
At 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

out of a movie?

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger Waiter said...

Nope, had this very vivid dream the night before I wrote this and put it down before it faded away.

Insane Server.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger MissJester said...

Wow

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home