The Insane Waiter

Running wild on customers, chefs, owners and managers since 1997. I bring to you, The Insane Waiter. What do bring to your table? A crisp bottle of San Pellegrino ? Perhaps a lovely seared Sashimi Tuna? Start off with a wonderful bottle from Tuscany perhaps? Why I'll be more than happy to bring you your White Zinfandel and Chicken Caesar. No you can't order the mac and cheese off the kids menu and sorry no, we don't serve cheese sticks....

Monday, December 05, 2005

Sorry Girls...

So our chef seemed to be in a foul mood today.

He was doing his bitching and moaning a little more than usual.

So I being such a concerned citizen went up to him, "hey buddy what's wrong?"

He stares down a couple of the server assistants who are laughing to themselves, "ask those little bastards!" He shouts in their direction.

I walk over to them, "hey guys what's up with him?"

They bust out laughing, tears streaming down their faces,"he had to take the bus to work today."

"Oh shit, what did you do?" I ask.

They regain their composure a bit.

Apparently they found some gag bumper stickers somewhere.

They put one on his car a few days earlier.

It read...

"Sorry Girls, I'm Gay!"

People had been honking at him repeatedly for three days and he had no idea why.

Guess he figured it out and when he tried to pull it off it wouldn't budge.

Walking back to the kitchen I put on a false femme accent,"hey big boy," I say as I pass him.

His response?

"Those Motherfuckers"

12 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God...that's great! I really needed that laugh.

 
At 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He just needs to put a Playboy sticker over it...unless he was starting to enjoy the attention.

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see why Waiterrant dropped your link.

 
At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I get one??

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think waiterrant dropped your link because all the traffic goes from there to here - he's not seeing you generate traffic to his site. I'm going to start reading your blog first then clicking over there next - you're welcome!

And if that chef is worth his salt he'll get back at those guys plus interest. Maybe a dessert left out for them to find - enjoy that garlic whipped cream on top...

 
At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He dropped your link because you are a trite writer. I don't see any characterization or any unusual, unique takes on the world. More than once you have lifted comments off bitterwaitress. Yes, you gave credit to the person who wrote it, but it wasn't yours.

Before you ask why I keep reading you... I'm working on a piece for my paper. It has me looking at different blogs. Since I used to be a waitress, my first instinct was to go to serving blogs.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Waiter said...

oh grow up, credit was givin, its a blog for God's sake, not everyone here reads every post on bitterwaitress, the person that did the original top 10 is a freaking reader here.

 
At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If his writing is so "trite" then why did waiterrant link to him in the first place?

Could it be because his blog is entertaining? If you want deep thinking and unique insights, read a good book.

I sure hope you don't lift any comments from these serving blogs you're researching for your paper - because even if you give the author credit, it's not your writing.

 
At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honesty is considered "trite"? Unfortunately, Insane, there are always going to be self important assholes out there judging, critiquing our work, when they don't have the slightiest clue about the restaurant biz. For the former server claiming to be writing a paper about blogs?! You should take your own advice and write YOUR OWN paper instead of pulling from other peoples' blogs.

 
At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sondra,
I liked your blog it was very moving.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger MissJester said...

Thanks Vixxen! :-D

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what others have said. Insane can write whatever he wishes, however he wishes. Why on earth would somebody take the time to drop a comment on somebody's blog telling them that they're a "trite writer"? What do you care?

There is a difference between a storyteller and a writer, in my opinion. The Waiter from waiterrant is a writer. He is working on a book, if I'm not mistaken.

Insane is a storyteller. His language may not be as highbrow, nor his entries as insightful (the only time he wrote something really deep was "eyes wide shut," and I personally didn't like it because it seemed like he was just trying to appease those who had criticized him for his typical posts.), but he's a good storyteller. I always enjoy his entries. It's his personality and his writing style.

I can understand your defense that you still read the blog for a paper, but why waste the time to comment just to criticize someone, unless you were highly offended? And if "trite writing" offends you, you lead a pretty sad life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home