Top 10 Pet Peeves
"This job would be great if it wasn't for all the customers" - Randall, Clerks
Well someone asked what my biggest pet peeve about customers is.
Well its hard to answer with just one so here's my Top 10.
10. People that suck down their entire drink within seconds of receiving it.
9. People that shake the aforementioned drink glass at me like a rattle instead of asking for a refill.
8. Tables that refuse to say "please" or "thank you."
7. Customers who tip poorly after receiving great service.
6. The "Verbal" tip.
5. Guests who steal my pens.
4. Credit card customers that take both copies of their receipt thus negating any tip, I always add on 15% these days when that happens. And no I don't care about the legalities of that one.
3. People who do not make reservations and are in such a hurry, plan ahead if you have engagements at a certain time.
2. When people try to "write their own menu" the menu is put together by a highly skilled chef, order off of it, don't ask us to make something that a competing restaurant has or something that you want but isn't there. Go somewhere that has these items or make it yourself.
1. "Campers", customers that refuse to leave within a reasonable time of paying their bill. Neither I nor the restaurant make money off that table if it isn't turned. It screws up our reservations and screws me out of potential income. It is even worse when tables stay hours after we close. If you want to catch up or chat that long, go to a coffee shop or bar that stays open later. If you're the last table in the place and everyone is giving you dirty looks, that's the signal for you to leave.